Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Trip to Avila and Segovia

This weekend I spent more time relaxing in Salamanca. But other than that, we had a group excursion to Avila and Segovia. Segovia is known for its castle and its most popular monument is its old aqueduct. It is a quite an interesting and astonishing architectural site for the time in which it was built. Avila was is an interesting town where we got to walk the long, old city wall. This wall once enclosed the entire city. When leaving the town it is a neat site to see the giant wall wrapping around the old town. I think my favorite out of the two was Segovia, we got a tour that was interesting and the Alcazar, or the castle was a neat site.

Tomorrow I will depart for Morocco! I am very excited to travel again after staying in Salamanca for the past two weeks. I am ready for a new, and different cultural experience. While in Salamanca I have been scrambling to make use of the little time I have left here. I have kept busy going out on weekends, meeting friends, going to the Sunday rastro, eating ice cream in the plaza. I have been trying to meet with Spanish students for English-Spanish intercambio to improve my Spanish. All while still keeping my grades up and going to school. I manage to always stay busy in Salamanca. This week the weather has been beautiful, getting a little too hot even almost 80F. Finally warm weather. Locals say that in Salamanca there are only two seasons, winter and summer. It could be true! Well two weeks until my final day in Salamanca. I hope to make the most of it!

1 comment:

  1. Hola..! If you would also like to learn Spanish online to support your studies, I recommend Babbel.com (http://www.babbel.com). Buena suerte!

    ReplyDelete